e-Pramaan enables various government departments and agencies to address the access management associated with the deployment of e-Governance applications and services. The benefits of implementing e-Pramaan are as follows:
- It is based on established authentication standards.
- It provides a strong multi-factor authentication system.
- It facilitates convenient and secured access to government services via internet/mobile.
- It provides Single Sign-On (SSO) for e-Governance Services integrated with e-Pramaan.
- It offers authentication chaining option to services.
- It has shared infrastructure for e-Authentication needs
- It obviates the need for departments to become AUAs
- It offers ASA services without charging any fees
- Incorporates Aadhaar-based authentication in e-Authentication mechanism
- It provides Centralized AUA/ASA service through which-implementation issues, reporting, fraud monitoring, etc. will be managed in a centralized manner.
- It offers fraud management services